Dutch Square, also known as Red Square because of the maroon-coloured buildings, was the centre of the Dutch administration during the Dutch rule of Melaka from 1641 to 1825.
The two famous buildings in this square are the Stadthuys (which means town hall in Dutch), built between 1641 and 1660 and served as the residence of the Dutch governor and his deputy; and Christ Church. Built in 1753, it is the oldest Protestant church in Malaysia. A painting of the Last Supper made of glazed tiles hangs above the altar and the wooden beams of the church’s ceiling, each over 15m long, were made from a single tree.
Image was made with the iPhone 7 Plus and converted to a digital painting using the Prisma app.