Another image that illustrates the wabi sabi concept. This is a door knocker found on the giant doors of an ancient Taoist temple. Interestingly, I found out that this genre of photography is called “found still life” or “objet trouvé“. Interesting to me because I’m studying French. 😁
NOTE TO SELF
- Always compose to give the impression that your sole role was to press the shutter.
- Your objective should be to present the images that feel as if movement and human activity has stopped.
- To be interesting, found still life images must create an echo in the heart and mind of the viewer.
- Found still life also relies on found light.
- One underplayed type of found still life involves the use of shadows. You will be surprised how evocative the shadow of an unseen subject can be.
Hat tip to http://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/almost-found-still-life/ for the above tips.